WELCOME TO THE PLANNING DIVISION
The Planning Division works to help create and enhance a vibrant city by respecting the City’s diverse and distinct neighborhoods, promoting a prosperous economy, and providing a forum for community engagement.
The Division is committed to developing creative and practical solutions to help achieve a city that is sustainable and a great place to live, work, or play. The Division also helps to protect property rights and preserve both the environment and our valued history.
The Planning Division is responsible for:
- Developing long range plans to achieve creative and innovative solutions to challenges. Plans may be city-wide, like the General Plan Ingredients for Success, or apply to a smaller area like the Mission District Specific Plan or the Valley Boulevard Neighborhoods Sustainability Plan;
- Implementing the community vision expressed in the plans through development review, zoning compliance, and resource conservation initiatives;
- Helping applicants make property improvements, build new homes, or open new businesses;
- Facilitating public outreach and notification for large new development;
- Engaging the community in preparing plans and special studies;
- Preserving the community character through historic preservation; and
- Providing focus and coordination for San Gabriel Goes Green and other sustainability initiatives.
ACCESSORY DWELLING UNIT (ADU) APPLICATION
All ADU applications must be submitted via email email@example.com