SG Public Works Maint Yard

Contact the Public Works Department at (626) 308-2825 or by email, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday to report any of the concerns listed below.
Residential Concerns


Contact Public Works for information about the following problems or concerns.

  • City Trees - Parkway Tree needs to be trimmed or branches are hanging too low? Select the link here for tree planting or removal information.
  • Potholes - Complete this form to Report Potholes.
  • Sandbags - The City of San Gabriel offers 10 filled sand bags per property per year.
    • They can be picked up at the Maintenance Facility located at 917 E. Grand Ave. Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
    • Please call Public Works at (626) 308-2825 to make arrangements.
  • Street Lights & Traffic Signals - Report problems using Report Street Light Problems.

Contact the agencies listed below for information about the following problems or concerns. 

  • Hazardous Waste Disposal - Is provided by the Sanitation District of Los Angeles County, please refer to their site for drop off dates.
  • Trash Collection - Is provided to the City of San Gabriel by Athens Services (888) 336-6100. You may call our department to report pick up of illegal dumping.
  • Water Companies - There are five water purveyors serving San Gabriel. Please refer to your water bill or contact our department for their number. Map
  • Dead Animals - Report dead animals to the SGV Humane Society at (626) 286-1159.
  • Mandatory Recycling & Organics Diversion - Please click here for more information on AB341AB1826 and FAQs.