Citizen Ride-Along Program
It is the policy of the San Gabriel Police Department to encourage interested citizens to familiarize themselves with the facilities, equipment and operations of this Department by riding as observers in patrol cars.
The following criteria has been established for the Ride-A-Long Program:
- Adult observers may be scheduled to ride any evening between 7pm and Midnight, or any day between 7am and 12pm.
- Observers must be 18 years old or older.
- A criminal records check will be run on all Ride-Along applicants. This is a necessary safeguard for both the community and the officers involved.
- Ride along observers must present valid identification when reporting for the ride along.
- Observers should be clean and neat in appearance and attire. Casual business wear with comfortable shoes is appropriate.
- All observers must sign liability waivers prior to riding. The signature must be witnessed by a member of the Police Department. The form is provided on the day of the ride along.
- Observers are required follow the direction of the officer during the Ride-Along and may not leave the patrol car at the scene of police activity without permission. No cameras or recorders will be permitted. We reserve the right to cancel the ride along before or during the ride along for any reason.
- All Ride-Alongs must live, work or attend school within the City of San Gabriel.
- Police Officer applicants and students of criminal justice fields will be considered for a Ride-Along, subject to the discretion of the Chief of Police or his designee.
For further information or to schedule a Ride-Along
Contact the Ride-Along Program Coordinator:
Sgt. Rebecca Gomez
(626) 308-2843 / (626) 824-0096
or Email: RG112@SGPD.COM