The City Council, City Manager and Economic Development staff attended the Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation’s Eddy Awards Gala at the Intercontinental Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles on Thursday, November 8. San Gabriel was one of five cities recognized as a Business-Friendly City in the Population of 50,000 or less category for our business-friendly programs and services. The finalists were selected through independent review by a panel of blue ribbon judges based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to economic development as a priority
- Programs and services designed to facilitate business entry, expansion, and retention
- Economic development activity over the past three years
- Competitive business tax rates and fee structures
- Availability of economic incentives
- Regular and effective communication with businesses
A video highlighting the City's business-friendly efforts was also shown at the gala. For more information on the City’s economic development program, please contact Economic Development Manager Angelica Frausto-Lupo at 626.308.2806 or via email at Afraustolupo@sgch.org.