With the holiday season upon us, overnight parking will not be enforced on the following dates:
- November 24 beginning at 2 a.m. through November 25 at 6 a.m.
- December 24 beginning at 2 a.m. through December 26 at 6 a.m.
- December 30 beginning at 2 a.m. through January 1, 2023 at 6 a.m.
Overnight parking permits will still be required for all other days. Temporary overnight parking permits may be purchased from permit vending machines located at the following locations:
- San Gabriel Police Department, 625 S. Del Mar Avenue
- San Gabriel Parks and Recreation Department, 250 S. Mission Drive
These vending machines are available to the public 24-hours a day. The cost of the permit is $4 for each night of parking. Temporary overnight parking permits may also be purchased on-line here.
For more information, please contact the San Gabriel Police Department at (626) 308-2828.
Holiday Trash Collection Schedule
Athens Services will not be providing any residential or commercial trash/recycling pick-up services on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day; instead, households scheduled for those trash bin pick-up days will get their bins collected the next day.
- Thursday, November 24, 2022 (Thanksgiving Day): Trash collection service will happen on Friday, November 25
- Monday, December 26, 2022 (Christmas Day Observed): Trash collection service will happen on Tuesday, December 27
To ensure your trash is collected, please make sure your bins are out the night before trash day, no later than 6:00 a.m. on the day of service.
Please visit AthensServices.com or contact Athens Services at (888)336-6100 for more information on holiday trash collection schedules.