On Tuesday, Sept. 20, the City Council met to discuss its biannual update to the Strategic Plan work program and added several new initiatives for city staff to take on.
The work program is comprised of innovative, long and short-term city projects that are in line with the city’s five strategic directions:
1. Build and improve the City’s infrastructure.
2. Generate economic development by fostering a business friendly environment.
3. Engage the community to foster civic pride and ownership.
4. Make service excellence a cornerstone of the San Gabriel experience.
5. Develop resources by identifying new sources of funding, organizational innovation, and efficiency.
After an in-depth conversation between City Council and staff members from each department, the Council approved the ambitious addition of 27 new items to the work program. These wide-ranging initiatives include enhancements to city streetscapes and entries, new playground and outdoor fitness equipment to Vincent Lugo Park, arts education opportunities for community members, expanded residential smoke detector canvassing and fire inspection services and more.
To learn more about the City of San Gabriel’s Strategic Plan and see a detailed list of all work program projects, visit sangabrielcity.com/1033/Strategic-Plan.