Save the date! The city’s popular Dumpling & Beer Fest will be returning to the historic Mission District for its third year on October 5 from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Now bigger than ever, this year’s festival will feature several contests – including a best dumpling competition and a dumpling eating contest. The event is free for the public to attend, and attendees may buy food directly from food trucks and vendors. For those who wish to sample beer, a wristband may be purchased online here.
As we approach the date, here’s what you need to know:
- The event will take place on October 5 in the Mission District on Mission Drive between Broadway and Santa Anita, and at the Mission Playhouse Plaza and the Grapevine (including the garden area and shuffle board area)
- Streets will be closed from 2:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Pricing for the beer sampling wristbands is as follows:
- For early bird sales through September 11, wristbands will be $20.00 plus a processing fee of $2.09For the online presale through October 4, wristbands will be $25.00 plus a processing fee of $2.37
- Wristbands sold on the day of the event will be $30.00 while supplies last
For those who are not familiar with the event, the Dumpling & Beer Fest offers a unique twist on the traditional Oktoberfest celebration, showcasing the San Gabriel region as a destination for delicious dumplings and other authentic Asian cuisine. This year’s event will feature over a dozen food vendors and craft beers on tap.
More information will be released soon, and we hope to see you there!