Here’s a recap of yesterday’s City Council meeting. You may view the entire agenda (with links to agenda items) here.
- The Council approved all the items on the consent calendar with a 5-0 vote, which include:
- Material demands, which is handled by the finance department
- A theater rental fee waiver request from the Southern California Teo-Chew Association (SCTCA) for their upcoming free performance. Staff has determined that the request fits within the city’s existing guidelines for fee waivers.
- A banner request from the La Casa de San Gabriel Community Center for the intersection of Las Tunas and Del Mar Avenue from September 12 to October 12. The group will be hosting its annual fundraising dinner at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel.
- An update of the salary matrix to reflect a previously authorized salary increase for the City Manager
- A professional services agreement with Bob Murray & Associates to conduct the recruitment for the next City Manager (with amendments)
- The Council, in a 5-0 vote, approved a selective traffic enforcement program grant for the police department. This grant from the Office of Traffic and Safety will allow the police department to participate in the Selective Traffic Enforcement Program (STEP) for federal fiscal year 2018.
- Finally, the Council, in a 5-0 vote, voted to approve a professional services agreement with John L. Hunter and Associates for storm water management services to comply with the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System permit.